Faculty book studies are a great way for teachers to learn together about a topic that is of interest/impact to their school.
Congratulations on your decision to implement a book study with the faculty at your school. Book studies are a great way for faculty to come together to share new learning and ideas that benefit all students in your building. In order to make your book study a success, please note the following:
1) Your group must meet on a regular basis to discuss the book. These discussions should include a presentation on the assigned chapters with protocols used to faclitate discussion of the chapter(s).
2) Each participant in the faculty book study must present, at a minimum, 1 chapter to the group.
3) Each participant will submit a 1-2 page (typed) reflection of the book. Reflections will summarize the key points of the book, their thoughts and ideas about the key points, and any new learning/strategies they have incorporated or plan to incorporate as a result of reading the book.
4) The faculty book study leader will send all participant’s reflections to the Laura Roland at [email protected]
5) Credit forms are issued within 30 days of receipt of the reflections. The forms are emailed to individual participants.